Thursday, November 11, 2010

Applesauce Cake

So this post will be rather short, since I did a whole bunch of nothing last week and only had class this week; aka nothing real special to write about.  Except, however, I finally made my Applesauce cake.  I'm really quite proud of it, since when I first arrived here I couldn't even make pre-packaged meals to save my life.  The recipe was real simple (i merely googled..) and as for measuring tools, I literally used a tea spoon and a cup out of my cupboard.  It was pretty rustic cooking skills I must say, but it worked.  Correction: It worked amazingly.  The cake tasted soooo good.  I hadn't even heard of applesauce cake until I came here and hung out with my friend across the street.  She's from Texas and is always cooking some thing or another, and a few weeks ago this was the dessert of the day.  I think you should all try making one.. they're clearly easy since I managed to make one :)  Here's my beaaaautiful creation..

 Ok, so I know that this post was lame, but i seriously felt the need to share this accomplishment with the world.  Now i'm off to Frankfurt for the day; hopefully I'll have something interesting to write home about then.

No comments:

Post a Comment